2020 - today: REELANCING
Role: Freelance Product Management Consultant
- Consulting in Product Management, Product Strategy, Discovery and Delivery.
- Reference Projects: Karriere.at GmbH, Linz, AT - Partner-Integration, Migration project to new tech stack, incl moving customers and new pricing
2020 - 2022:
Started as freelancer
Role: Freelance Product Management Consultant Robotics Product Owner & Robotics Software Leader
Customer: Hilti AG, Schaan, FL
Started as freelancer and got hired internally, for more details see next position. First internal software person to build software team at Hilti HQ and streamline the new development process to follow agile frameworks. Leading development team of the Jaibot drilling robot software and responsible for all Robotics software activities at Hilti.
- Led external software team of 10 developers (distributed across 4 locations)
- Setup Agile processes with 2 Scrum teams, agile development process and plan/manage releases and handling full development cycle including setup of Jira & DevOps tools.
- Led software initiatives of the Jaibot OS and the Cloud UI, Strategic project/program management for new Robotics applications and features to extend the Jaibot functionality. Resulting in an increased ROI for customers and higher user productivity.Hired 3+ internal developersfor new Hilti Robotics office. Executed Top Management Plan to extend Development team in Germany.
- Award-winning Hilti product: Martin Hilti Innovation Prize, RedDot ?Best of the Best?, iF Design Award and BIM Champion Award
2017 - 2020: Established the new North America office
Role: Freelance Product Management ConsultantCountry Manager North America (YOPESO Inc.) & Freelance Product Management Consultant
Customer: YOPESO & ENGINEERING CONSULTING, Berlin, DE, San Francisco, US ? 2017 - 2020Tasks:
- Product Leader for Agile product discovery, development (iOS, Android) and delivery including Product Strategy and Ownership.
- Being responsible for 37% of the worldwide YOPESO group revenue. Established the new North America office in San Francisco for YOPESO, a software development company with 180 employees worldwide in five countries on three continents.
- Expanded the YOPESO growth and brand in international markets. Onboarded the company?s biggest client as key contact person.
2016 - 2017: Logistics Operations(Q-Express) at Souq.com
Role: Freelance Product Management ConsultantRegional Product Director
Customer: SOUQ.COM FZ LLC (Acquired by Amazon, Inc.), Dubai, AE ? 2016 - 2017Tasks:
- Led Product Management team for Logistics Operations(Q-Express) at Souq.com, the largest E-commerce site in the Arab world. Pushed for user-focused product development (Logistics system with Android App) to grow usage for users/customers.
- Managed the engineering, product and QA teams across multiple offices and time zones with successful teamwork strategies.
- Owned Migration Rollout of new logistic system incl. creating roadmaps and communication with stakeholders across company group.
- Started Product Tank Dubai meetupsto establish and support the Product Management Community in Dubai and the UAE.
2014 - 2016: Created roadmaps and developed strategic plans for the full product development
Role: Freelance Product Management ConsultantVP, Product Management
Customer: NAMSHI GENERAL TRADING LLC (Rocket Internet company), Dubai, AE ? 2014 - 2016Tasks:
Created roadmaps and developed strategic plans for the full product development of desktop/mobile website, and native apps for iOS
and Android, instituted KPIs, metrics measurement for Namshi, a venture of Rocket Internet.
- Built and led 12-member team running the Product Management and the Mobile development (iOS & Android) departments.
- Mobile Evolution with Product User-Experience / Customer focus - Improved UX/UI experience in iOS and Android Apps by building Native App interfaces; received 5-star ratings from customers in App Store. Established Mobile thinking companywide.
- Increased mobile apps revenue share from 20% to 80% by introducing and implementing ?Mobile thinking? company-wide.
- Improved mobile KPIs by up to 500% (including conversion rate) during the first year as VP, using data to improve Mobile Apps.
- Structured the engineering, product and design teams across continents and multiple time zones remotely.
- Maximized productivity by implementing communication tools and Jira for 180 active users across 8 cross-functional departments.
2012 - 2014: PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Role: Freelance Product Management ConsultantFounder & Chief Product Officer (CPO)
Customer: on RequestTasks:
Architected social-commerce fashion platform Styleprofile in Southeast Asia. Assembled Engineering and Product departments from the ground up. Built and managed creative teams, overseeing the setup and creation of unique experience features with viral loops.
- Aureso Pte. Ltd. - Built Technology / Mobile team to secure a 7-figure Singapore Dollar(SGD) investment
- Developed an Automotive
- Retail Solution for Porsche as its first customer. The product is a Mobile App for car drivers and a backend management system.
- Sent.ly Pte. Ltd. - Managed Web / Mobile Products and the strategy for product development.
2010 - 2012: Product Management
Role: Freelance Product Management ConsultantHead of Mobile
Customer: DAILYDEAL GMBH (Acquired by Google, Inc.) ? Berlin, DE ? 2010 - 2012Tasks:
Oversaw the development of a new Mobile department for the first Mobile mover in the European couponing market in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Built and managed Mobile Products. Led, mentored and trained a 7-member team to achieve high impact and productivity. Established strong Mobile partnerships with leading providers.
- Mobile Products - Managed Mobile Apps development project, including Native Apps for Apple, a Mobile Web App and a PCI DSScompliant Mobile Payment checkout. Server API - Led the project and build-up of the server API, with 3 team members. Merchant Portal with Payment System - Significantly increased liquidity; reduced invoice processing time by 85% (within finance department).
- Mobile Marketing - Developed and implemented Mobile Marketing strategies with various marketing providers, achieving the highest-ranking application in the top lists of the App Store.
- Business Intelligence - Project-managed the development of the reporting dashboard for investors, leading a team of 3. Built-up BI department and transferred knowledge to the newly hired Head of BI.
2008 - 2010: creation of Smartphone Apps
Role: Freelance Product Management ConsultantFounder & Tech Consultant
Customer: on RequestTasks:
Oversaw the creation of Smartphone Apps for conferences and trade fairs, offering event participants an eco-friendly way to plan their entire visit. Led Exist, a support program of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi) of the German government.
- Founded, managed and operated Conangel - The Mobile Event Guide. Ranked in the top award winners in the Munich Business Plan Competition MBPW GmbH and Start2Grow IT Competition. Secured ?100,000 funding from the Exist fund.
- Created the first iOS App with iPhone OS 2 in 2009; recognized as Mobile and Internet subject matter expert.
- MHP Mieschke Hofmann & Partner (Porsche company) - Served as a Mobile Consultant freelancer for B2B Automotive project. Designed iPhone and iPad Apps to improve internal processes at Automotive companies.
- JT Internet GmbH & Rocket Internet GmbH - Managed the business development and Marketing for E-commerce projects.